Warning...this post is of pure and uncensored vent. Read if you want to. Remember...my blog...my opinions. Read on if you like.
It seems that the neighborhood in which we live in is by and far getting worse. Last night shortly after 11 pm...where was a drive by shooting. At the end of our street. Three houses down on the corner. I am so angry I have smoke coming from every hole in my body. I am frightened. My children do not deserve to be in a place like this. We do not feel safe in our home. No more walks outside, or playing in the yard. This followed another incident a week prior, where shots were heard at the other end of the street and shell casings found. Two weeks ago, a co-worker of Matt's fatally shot a man that was stabbing another man. He dies. The city and the freaking liberal assholes that live in it continue to question the officers decision. WTF? Every time law enforcement attempts to start doing something...racial profiling gets brought up. How about it is not a racial thing...it's a culture thing and surprise...look around...who are the ones causing the problems? The kicker is...the crap that this city continues to welcome here with open arms. Giving section 8 housing, food stamps and monthly welfare checks. What happened to the honest working class families? Where is the concern for our well being? The city officials need to pull their fucking heads out of their asses and ship these people back where they came from. They do not belong or deserve to be here corrupting this community. I still remember when this entire area was a wonderful place to live. Small town, Midwest, the heart, the homeland. I used to walk and play outside all over town..alone. I wouldn't even let my girls play in our fenced back yard alone.
I am sick. SICK. I cannot stand it. I feel trapped and confused and I don't know where that leaves me.
Matt an I have talked several times about putting our home on the sale market. We have to. Scary thing is...will it sell? Will it sell for what we need it to? We are so strapped financially that it hurts, on a daily basis. I haven't worked since I went on bed rest with the triplets, which means a family of six on one income...the income of a police officer. A mortgage, 2nd mortgage, 2 vehicles, utilities and food. One paycheck doesn't go quite far enough some months. Money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure may buy safety. Doesn't matter. We have to make every attempt to find a home that is safe for our children to be. We will do anything and everything we have to do.
I really hate living in the ghetto. Why?
4 comments:
I really feel for your family, I am SO sorry that you are all having to go through this and you are right it is a cultural thing. If town/city governments would just kick their liberal attitudes to the curb it would be amazing what could be done in our cities. The big city near us has huge illegal imigration problems and when the conservative mayor tries to do anything about it he gets attacked by the bleeding hearts and the ACLU. Anyways I am so sorry that you are having to go though this with your family, I will add you to my prayers.
I read this a few days ago and have really been thinking about it. My heart breaks for your family...how scary and unfair! I hope that they find some way to "clean up" your neighborhood. Take care.
I hope you don't mine, I linked this post to my blog...it was very well said.
I found your blog through Kelly's. This post is very powerful, and my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. Some things in life are not fair, and this is certainly one of them. On a different note, I think it's pretty cool that you are married to a true hero. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment